Posts tagged ‘murder’

July 14, 2011

Murder 2 Girl Jacqueline Fernandez splits-up

Bollywood News: Sri Lankan beauty turned Bollywood Actress Jacqueline Fernandez breaks-up with her boyfriend Bahrain’s Prince Sheikh Hassan bin Rashid Al Khalifa. They were in a serious relationship for two years. The couple is said to have broken up over marriage issue. Jacqueline wanted to firm her foot in Bollywood while her boyfriend wanted to settle down.


Few days back, it was reported that the actress has been engaged to Prince Sheikh.  Ever since, Jacqueline stared to concentrate on her career, the distance between them widened. Hassan knows that she is interested in acting and never stopped her signing films. He was very supportive but it was Jacqueline who put him on the backburner.


The actress shows no interest in him. Their relationship became one-sided and hence the couple decided to splits-up.



Jacqueline’s latest movie Murder 2 opposite Bollywood’s Kiss Man Emraan Hashmi is all set to hit the boxoffice on July 8, 2011


Advertisements
July 11, 2011

Murder charges in double shooting

 Mohamed Abdi Farah and Amin Ahmed Ismail Mohamed Abdi Farah and Amin Ahmed Ismail were shot in an alleyway in Fishermead Three men have been charged with the murder of two Somali teenagers shot in an alleyway in Milton Keynes.


Amin Ahmed Ismail, 18, and Mohamed Abdi Farah, 19, were shot on the Fishermead estate on 26 May.


Yahya Harun, 20, Sharmake Abdulkadir, 20 and Fuad Awale, 23, all from Milton Keynes, will appear at Milton Keynes Magistrates’ Court later.


Mr Abdulkadir has also been charged with possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.


A 17-year-old boy has been released without charge.

July 8, 2011

Murder charges in double shooting

 Mohamed Abdi Farah and Amin Ahmed Ismail Mohamed Abdi Farah and Amin Ahmed Ismail were shot in an alleyway in Fishermead Three men have been charged with the murder of two Somali teenagers shot in an alleyway in Milton Keynes.


Amin Ahmed Ismail, 18, and Mohamed Abdi Farah, 19, were shot on the Fishermead estate on 26 May.


Yahya Harun, 20, Sharmake Abdulkadir, 20 and Fuad Awale, 23, all from Milton Keynes, will appear at Milton Keynes Magistrates’ Court later.


Mr Abdulkadir has also been charged with possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.


A 17-year-old boy has been released without charge.

July 7, 2011

Pakistan ‘behind reporter’s murder’

 Saleem Shahzad Saleem Shahzad had complained of ISI threats Pakistan “sanctioned” the killing of journalist Saleem Shahzad, the highest-ranking officer in the US military, Admiral Mike Mullen, has said.


But he said he could not confirm if the country’s powerful intelligence agency, the ISI, was involved.


The Pakistani government called the statement “extremely irresponsible”. The ISI has denied any involvement.


Mr Shahzad was kidnapped near his home in Islamabad in May. His body was found two days later in Punjab province.


At the time, many in the Pakistani media blamed the Pakistani intelligence agency for the murder, despite its denial.


An inquiry set up by the government to investigate the killing began work last month.


“I have not seen anything that would disabuse that report that the government knew about this,” Adm Mullen told journalists in Washington on Thursday.


“It was sanctioned by the government, yeah,” he said.


Adm Mullen added that he did not have a “string of evidence” linking the death to the ISI.

Downward spiral

Pakistan had set up an independent commission into the killing and Adm Mullen’s statement would not help that investigation, a government spokesman said. This point was repeated by Husain Haqqani, Pakistan’s ambassador to the US.


“Any evidence that our American friends have should be shared with that commission,” Mr Haqqani told the New York Times newspaper.


“We are as interested in getting to the bottom of this matter as anyone else in the world, given our concern about human rights,” he said.


Nevertheless, correspondents say, the remarks will further worsen ties between Washington and its ally, Islamabad.


The relationship has been on a downward spiral for many months. Tensions worsened after the killing of al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden by US commandos in the Pakistani city of Abbottabad.


Last month Adm Mullen publicly acknowledged that there would be substantial cuts to US military numbers in Pakistan.


He said that US-Pakistan ties needed time to heal but added that it would be dangerous to abandon Islamabad.


“I think the worst thing we could do would be cut them off,” he said. If that happened, he said, “10 years from now, 20 years from now, we go back and it’s much more intense and it’s much more dangerous”.


Adm Mullen steps down as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff later this year.

Journalist ‘danger’

Mr Shahzad, who worked for the Hong Kong-based Asia Times Online and the Italian news agency Adnkronos International, had made a career writing about various Islamist militant networks operating in Pakistan.


Shortly before his death he had written an article about al-Qaeda infiltration in Pakistan’s navy.


He reported that the militant group was behind a recent deadly assault on the Mehran base in Karachi because talks had failed over the release of several naval personnel arrested on suspicion of links to al-Qaeda affiliates.


Human rights groups have called Pakistan the most dangerous place in the world for journalists to operate, saying they were under threat from Islamist militants but also Pakistan’s military and intelligence agencies.

July 7, 2011

Witness clears Amanda Knox in Italy murder trial

PERUGIA, Italy (AFP) – A man jailed with a co-defendant of Amanda Knox, an American convicted for the murder of a British student in Italy, told an appeal hearing on Saturday that she and her boyfriend are innocent.


Knox and Raffaele Sollecito, her boyfriend at the time, were sentenced to 26 and 25 years in prison for the grisly 2007 murder of south London student Meredith Kercher, with whom Knox shared a house in Perugia.


Both are now appealing their convictions.


Prosecutors have said the crime was a drug-fuelled sex game that turned violent.



Rudy Guede, who was sentenced to 16 years in prison in a separate trial for his role in the murder, allegedly told prison inmate Mario Alessi that “Amanda and Raffaele have nothing to do with the murder”.


Alessi repeated his allegation, already made in a deposition to the police, during Saturday’s hearing in this central Italian city.


Alessi, a mason who is serving time for killing a child, told the court Guede had spoken to him about his friends’ trial at the gym at a time when they were both detained in the same prison cell.


According to Guede’s alleged statements, 21-year-old Kercher was killed by a friend of Guede’s when she resisted a sexual assault.


“Rudy told me he tried to help the young woman after her friend wounded her with a small knife with an ivory-coloured grip,” Alessi told the court.


The friend then allegedly told Guede: “What are you doing? We have to kill her if not we’ll end up in prison because of her.”


When questioned by Perugia prosecutors Guede denied ever having made such statements.


The young lovers were originally convicted in large part because of traces of Knox’s DNA found on the knife and Sollecito’s DNA on a bra clip.


July 1, 2011

Witness clears Amanda Knox in Italy murder trial

PERUGIA, Italy (AFP) – A man jailed with a co-defendant of Amanda Knox, an American convicted for the murder of a British student in Italy, told an appeal hearing on Saturday that she and her boyfriend are innocent.


Knox and Raffaele Sollecito, her boyfriend at the time, were sentenced to 26 and 25 years in prison for the grisly 2007 murder of south London student Meredith Kercher, with whom Knox shared a house in Perugia.


Both are now appealing their convictions.


Prosecutors have said the crime was a drug-fuelled sex game that turned violent.



Rudy Guede, who was sentenced to 16 years in prison in a separate trial for his role in the murder, allegedly told prison inmate Mario Alessi that “Amanda and Raffaele have nothing to do with the murder”.


Alessi repeated his allegation, already made in a deposition to the police, during Saturday’s hearing in this central Italian city.


Alessi, a mason who is serving time for killing a child, told the court Guede had spoken to him about his friends’ trial at the gym at a time when they were both detained in the same prison cell.


According to Guede’s alleged statements, 21-year-old Kercher was killed by a friend of Guede’s when she resisted a sexual assault.


“Rudy told me he tried to help the young woman after her friend wounded her with a small knife with an ivory-coloured grip,” Alessi told the court.


The friend then allegedly told Guede: “What are you doing? We have to kill her if not we’ll end up in prison because of her.”


When questioned by Perugia prosecutors Guede denied ever having made such statements.


The young lovers were originally convicted in large part because of traces of Knox’s DNA found on the knife and Sollecito’s DNA on a bra clip.


June 30, 2011

Rangers killing: ATC indicts 6 Rangers over Sarfaraz Shah murder

Arrested Pakistani paramilitary Rangers and a civilian, their faces covered in blankets, sit in a armored vehicle as they leave for jail from an anti-terrorism court after a hearing in Karachi. The ATC has started proceedings on their case on June 21. PHOTO: FILE/AFP

KARACHI: An Anti-terrorism Court (ATC) hearing the Rangers killing case on Wednesday charged six members of the paramilitary force with murder for the killing of Sarfaraz Shah, the unarmed youth who was shot in Karachi last month.

The hearing was presided over by Judge Bashir Ahmed Khoso in ATC-I. The judge read out the accusations levelled against the Rangers in the court.

He said that Shahid Zafar was the Rangers official who shot and injured Shah, after which the youth bled to death. The other Rangers officials who were present at the time of the incident were also present in court.

“The court has formally framed charges of murder and terrorism against all the accused,” public prosecutor Mohammad Khan Buriro told reporters.

Absar, the man who took Shah to the Rangers in the park where the incident took place, was also at the hearing.

The judge asked the six Rangers officials and Afsar whether they accepted the charges levelled against them.

The men denied the charges, and claimed that the incident was not a murder.

The judge thereby issued notices to all the witnesses to record their statements in court tomorrow.

The Rangers lawyers vowed that they would soon prove that the security officials are innocent.

19-year-old Sarfaraz Shah was shot in the Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Park on June 8. The incident was caught on videotape and broadcast on television channels nationwide.